Sunday, September 10, 2006

Never Forget

While watching Sunday Night Football, they opened with words about September 11 and how it has affected all our lives. I love to hear the National Athem, now more than ever. Each time I hear it, it truly touches my heart. During the singing of it, the crowd cheered as the song hit the climax where the "bombs burst in the air" and the roar shadowed the singer as she finished singing "the home of the brave". How blessed I feel to be an American. Even during such a tragedy, it only brought us together closer as a nation, making us stronger. I am thankful for our everyday heroes who do so much yet do not always get the thanks they deserve. I am thankful to be a military spouse, so I can do what I can to support my country by supporting my husband. God bless our country, our leaders, our military, and each one of us. God bless America.



We will never forget 9/11, the loss of lives and the tragedy. The heroism of people will remain with us for a life.
George Pataki



Dear Mr. President,

I am an American. I am not of one color, but of many.
My forefathers are not from one country, but from all countries. I have brothers and sisters from Washington state to Washington D.C., from California to the Carolinas, from Hawaii to New Hampshire, from Alaska to Alabama, and from Minnesota to Mississippi.

I am an American. I believe in the importance of sharing Thanksgiving Dinner with your family, and Fourth of July parades with your community. I enjoy the peace of Christmas Day, and the excitement of New Year's Eve.

I am an American. I believe in a kind and benevolent God, Who does not condone the taking of innocent life. I believe our worth is measured not by what we have, but by what we do.

I am an American. I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. And I believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to Our Flag.
John from Rome, New York

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! God Bless America! That is a great letter. I am a PROUD military wife too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete