Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor free

Our Labor day weekend went by too quick and before we knew it, the work week has begun. Our family enjoyed a labor free weekend and just spent the time as a family. We met up with James's brother and family in Destin where James looked for new running shoes (he bought his last pair of running/sneakers over four years ago, so basically it took longer than expected~thank goodness I don't have to wait that long to buy shoes:)). We headed over to Bass Pro Shop to look around, enjoy the fish, stairs, and the elevator (last two are Logan's favorites). We headed outside to check out the big shark and decieded to never buy a house again, we can buy a boat for the same price and live there:) We played at the play area and in the fountains that shot up. We didn't know they had the water area to play in, so we just took off shirts and let the kids run in their shorts, even Uncle Mike joined in the fun:) We then headed back to our house and enjoyed some yummy chicken and sides. It was nice to hang out, chat, and let the kids play. It's always fun to get together with family, especially when they live right down the road!
Since we took the time to buy new shoes for James (and it did take time:)) we had to try them out. We all got in running gear (Aurora was the most fashonable) and headed to the track to take a run around. I didn't do too much running because Aurora is not much of a runner. Instead I took pictures and cheered on Logan and James. James did lap Logan, so I cheered louder for Logan. Logan amazed me by running the WHOLE way. As I always do, I think I may have determined what he will do when he goes up. I think he is going to be a great runner. Future Olympian 2024? Something else on my long list of what Logan will do when he grows up:)

4 comments:

  1. LUCKY Duck!!! It sounds like you had a relaxing week with family. I wish we lived closer to family so B&B could play with their cousins too. You need to post some more pics of the beach soon!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day at the track--I hate running, but good on you guys! How are those shoes James? We hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! The list continues that long! I've already got Riley lined up for Olympic swimmer or Vetrinarian! lol Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! Jim can't run!! HA HA!! We miss yall so much! I wish you were coming up here with your hubby!! I agree with Mel, MORE BEACH PICS!! I am having withdrawls!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete