Saturday, June 03, 2006

Soon to be on the Smuckers jar



I had the wonderful opportunity to be able to visit my grandfather this past week. He is 91 and hanging in there. We just lost my grandmother a year ago, so needless to say have been watching him closely. He has his good days and bad days. He loved having us there. Logan was not the angel that he could have been, but as long as Logan said "I love you grandpa", everything was a-okay. Aurora was even happier than she has been know to be during the visit. Grandpa loved playing peek-a-boo with her and listening to her sing.

Now to the Smuckers jar comment...

When I was about 5, I asked grandpa how old he was. He told me he was "almost 100". So I told everyone that my grandpa was going to be 100 on his next birthday. Little did I know that the date would not be until Oct. 30,2014. So I reminded him today that he has 8 1/2 more years to go and we hope to be able to visit him every summer.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE old people!! They just have so much they can still give us. That's so awesome that you were able to visit him. Its amazing. I hope he hangs in there at least until Oct 30, 2014!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's always so wonderful when your kids can be around the older folks!! My dad is only 58 and Jackson remembers everything he says! It's such a positive experience for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pictures! It is so nice when kids have the chance to get to know their great-grandparents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with Melissa, it's amazing for kids to have that opportunity. I can barely remember 2 of my great-grandparents, I hope that Riley gets a lot of years! Your grandpa looks great for 'almost 100'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very wonderful for children to know their great grandparents and grandparents. Great Grandma Short was very happy to see Logan, Aurora, Belva and James this past weekend. She has a picture we took with the little ones on the wall already. She is very proud of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Logan, Great Grandma Short is using the handrail when she goes down the green steps. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete