Monday, May 22, 2006

Procrastination

Okay, we are getting ready to more in a month and a half and I am doing what I do best...putting everything off to the last minute. James is ready to get the house on the market by this weekend, but we still have a housefull of everything and have improvements we need to make here and there. We did sanding and painting on the outside of the house. I mowed and edged the front yard and will do the back tonight. I had reseeded part of the front yard and put a grass cover on it (our front yard was the eyesore of the neighborhood for the past two weeks) and took it off before mowing. It actually did help and looks much better than it did.

I thought I would have a garage sale, but my inner chicken won out. For one thing, here in our town, if you have a garage sale you have to get a permit~actually go down to city hall, pay your five bucks and get your signs. So you are really making a commitment. We decieded we didn't have enough stuff to sell that would be worth the trouble that it takes to have a garage sale. Of course, now I am thinking, I could get rid of this and that. Good thing we are donating items on Thursday. It's so much easier for me that way!

For a little break in the weekend, we went to the mall to go dress shopping for my brother-in-law Mike's graduation from weapons school (20 days left!). It's been a tough road, but the light is at the end of the tunnel. After we found the dress, we headed to a new resteraunt "The Elephant Bar". We had been there last weekend for Graduation/Mother's day and after we were seated we were forgotten. James had to ask a waitress if she was ours and could at least take our drink orders and remind them we were there. They made up for it, by taking care of the whole bill (everything including drinks and dessert which was totally unexpected) and also gave us $30 in gift certificates to come back and try them again. So here we were again and the experience was a completely different one. We had an awesome server and were taken care of very well. We all loved every bite of our food! I need to remember to take my camera, because I love the atmosphere. It's all animal prints, just very cool looking. Logan and Aurora's favorite thing is the elephant eyeglasses you get. Both of them look so cute when they put them on and are eating. (Another reason to have my camera:))

Exciting news!!...I only have 3 days left to work, then I can sleep in till 7:) Okay, maybe not since we are in rush mode. It will be much easier to see what needs to be done once all the childcare stuff is out of the house. I am ready to have my house back for a couple of days:)

Enjoy your week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Belva, you will get it all done! I cannot wait to see you guys! Watch out Vegas, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you called this morning! What a nice surprise!! Like I said it'll all get done somehow and then you'll look back and thing wow how did I do that?? Just don't stress out!! Ha Ha, easier said than done I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a pain in the booty to get all the stuff done to 'stage' the house for showings, but so worth it in the end. :-) No worries on the G-sale, my neighbor has been wanting to do another one anyway. We need to check out this Elephant bar too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an Elephant Bar here and it's funny because we had a TERRIBLE first experience when we went...got forgotten, they messed up the order, and spilled drinks all over one of our friends...they comped her meal, but HEY!? What about the rest of us? It was bad enough that we didn't want to try it again...and expensive...I'm glad your second try went so much better, I hear it really is a nice place to go, but it just shows how important first impressions are I guess. Good luck with everything you've got to do!

    ReplyDelete