Friday, May 26, 2006

On the Market!

Our house is officially on the market today! I was in a complete panic yesterday trying to prepare and get everything done. On Wednesday, we returned all the childcare stuff and took stuff to storage. That was quite a process. It took longer than expected...thank goodness for TIVO. We watched "American Idol" after we had finished all our errands at about 9. Then watched the season finale of "Lost". It was a relaxing time, but then left little time for sleep. Thursday we woke up about 7:30 and started to clear up some more off the floors and out of the rooms to prepare for Stanley Steemers to come in and clean the carpet at 10. At 8:30 it extreme rush time because they are earlier than expected. We cleaned rooms as they cleaned. We literally were piling stuff on beds and in the bathtub to get the floors clear. Not exactly what I had planned. After they finished I took the kids to the mall and Toys R Us to let the carpet dry a bit. We got home ate lunch and were off to Jedi's vet appt. Back at the house at 2, I stuck the kids in front of the tv and proceeded to work my hinny off. Our Relator came over at 6, but not before I called James at 5:30 and told him the house was not ready! Pete was pretty easy going and gave us some more tips as we signed the paperwork, etc. After he left, more cleaning. I took a break to eat and relax a couple moments. I fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours, so we I woke up at 12, back to cleaning. I was up until 3:30. I just wanted to get everything in a way that I felt comfortable. I think women pay more attention to details than men, so I was doing more than I think James thought I needed to. I slept in longer than I intended too this morning because I still had much to do and wouldn't you know we get a call to see if they can come in and take pictures at 11. Rush mode again. Our garage is full and not organized. My organization style (I have decieded) is that of a stacker. I am good at making piles and just putting them somewhere. Anyway, the house is looking good. James still has a couple of piles that he needs to deal with (and quickly), but it is now mostly just a matter of picking up after ourselves. I'm super nervous, anxious, scared, excited, etc. as we now are in the waiting game.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I know you have worked soooo hard! Soon it will sell and then you can head on out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting to work so hard! Hopefully it pays off sooner than later. I hate the "hurry up and wait" game. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you are paying attention to the details, cuz when a WOMAN walks through the house, you're ready for her! I'm a total 'stacker' too! Then each stack tends to become one, HUGE stack...called my office! Good luck on the house selling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The hard part is over! I think it is easier to keep it clean than to get it clean. Now you can just sit and wait for the offers to come in! Don't even worry about it not selling quick- we live in a great area and the summer is the best time to buy a house b/c of summer, etc. I was so worried it would take MONTHS to get ours sold and it only took 2 weeks! I know your's will go fast too, especially with the pool. It was great to see you Sunday! I hope you have a great trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete