So here we go with a little review...
Friday night
It's the last home game of the Hornets. I'm a bit bummed because I have really enjoyed being able to go to the games. It is just absolutely electric to be there. The energy that you get from the crowd cheering and seeing the awesome plays that are made. If you have never gone and you get the chance, you need to go. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest NBA fan. If fact sometimes I down right hate it, because it takes the place of my regular shows that I love to watch. But I have loved having the Hornets here and being able to cheer for them. I am proud to say I am a Hornets fan. In fact, I'm tearing up right now becuase I've never had MY team before. So anyway, I pretty much was holding back the tears during the last home game. Tears ran down my cheeks during the National Anthem. It was absolutely beautiful. I am so proud to be an American. As they introduced the players and until we sat down after the first basket was made, I was wiping my eyes and nose. I was really sad that this would be the last game that I would get to attend. It was a great game. I stood up the last 7 minutes of the game pretty much (I sat down durning the timeouts). Unfortunately, we lost in a heartbreaker of 105-104. I think it took a toll on the team too, because playoff hopes went drastically cut. Now we are out because we have lost the past two games. It was a wonderful season and I think the Hornet players really appreciated us OK fans:)
Saturday
Super lazy day. We didn't even leave the house until about 5 in the evening. It was nice to hang out at home and just catch up on TV shows we didn't get to watch during the day.
Sunday~~Happy Easter~~

It was a very nice and productive day. We got up and all of us went to church. Logan and Aurora's babysitter spoke. She is leaving to go to Thailand for 18 months, so it was great to hear her speak before she leaves. I was glad that James was able to be there too. She is his favorite babysitter. Not only does she drive, but she also gives a detailed report of how the kids did and is pretty much awake no matter what time we get home:) He's bummed she's leaving.
For Easter dinner, we had Rueban sandwhiches.
I started the corn beef late Saturday night, so it was perfect to eat at 12. We had other stuff, but I guess it wasn't very memorable. I have no idea what else I made:) James and I watched a movie while the kids took a nap. When they woke up, we had our Easter egg hunt in the backyard. This was Aurora's first year that she searched and she's pro. She was out there just picking them up and getting them in the basket. Logan did great too and was helping Aurora too. It was too cute!!
I got video and pictures. After our egg hunt, we all jumped into swimming attire and hopped in to swim and clean the pool. The pool felt great because it has been SOO HOT. Aurora clung onto me for the majority of the time, but Logan was taking off. He really enjoys swimming. The pool is looking great and that's good because we need it already to cool off in the hot afternoons.Monday
Back to work. James and I had a talk about how to make the day a bit easier and bad as it may sound, I lower my expectations about what I wanted to accomplish with the kids and how I expected it to go. I had one thing that I wanted to get done and we did it. So even though there were frustrating moments during the day (lack of napping, not sharing, etc), it was a good day because we did the one thing I wanted to get done. They made beautiful blob paitings while we were playing outside. After the kids left, I got in the pool and did some more vaccuming and just swimming. James enjoyed the pool and I took a little time to read a book while the kids played outside or watched an episode of Dora.
Tuesday
An interesting day. I'll leave it at that for now. Of course American Idol was on and I loved it. Chris was great. Kelly, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets voted off. Catherine (my fav~gave me chills) sang beautifully. I will buy here CD...just let me know when.
I hope that you all enjoy the rest of the week...Take care one and all



I'm so jealous your already in the pool!! It snowed here yesterday! So enjoy that warm weather for me and get a tan for me too!
ReplyDeleteAnd you say I;m busy! I can't keep up with you sometimes! it sounds like all is well! Call me sometime and we can chat! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see a post again! I got your e-mail this morning and yes, I definitely want to get together soon! We should meet at the park this weekend and let the kids play. :-)
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about 'your team.' That is how we feel (times 10!) about A&M! I love sports in general though; we feel like the Spurs and the Cardinals are our teams too, because we each grew up watching them in our respective home towns.
I totally agree, Chris and Katharine were great last night! Chris really surpised me in a great way! And yes- BUH-BYE to Kellie- your time is up!
Wow, you are busy! I totally get what you mean about not having time to blog! I have to keep a list with me about what I want to journal or I forget!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me wish I watched 'Americal Idol', I keep hearing Chris and Katherine are amazing, I need to hear them!