Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happiness is...

A couple of weeks ago, we talked about what true happiness is at church. So I had been thinking about that a lot. I've been trying to take more notice of the things that really make me happy, not just momentarily, but that I appreciate even when the moment is gone. We have been having beautiful weather here. It's only March and it's been in the high 70's. The kids and I have been taking advantage of it and been playing outside a lot. Logan will make comments like "isn't it beautiful momma" or "look, the sun's up". Both the kids help to keep me grounded in enjoying the simple things in life. Logan and Aurora both love to sing and dance. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I recorded Logan singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" in the microphone we have and it's just wonderful. If he was on American Idol, he'd go all the way!! Yesterday, I was having a rough day. I had to have a couple of moments to myself to recompose. But Logan just knows what to say. He asked me to say "Uh Oh Spaghetti Oh's". I told him "I'm busy, I'll say it later". He then said "But Momma, it would make me so happy if you would say uh oh spaghetti oh's". So of course, I said it and I felt better. I have to include James as someone that makes me happy. He knew I was having a rough day and encouraged me to just take a ride, run the errands I needed and stop and get some ice cream. He was just thoughtful. He helped to straighten up the house and then we spent some time watching Harry Potter. I fell asleep at 10 while he finished watching the movie. It's nice to feel loved even when you're sleeping:)
And to end my thoughts, having good friends are another thing that makes me happy. It's nice to know that there is someone there to listen to you and be a helping hand when you need one. So thanks for being there...I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. I was having a sad day on Tuesday. I needed to be by myself and just be sad. I miss everyone alot!!! It was nice when Jeff came home and let me continue to be sad and attempt to cheer me up. He baked my b-day cake and that was funny! Then he let me break down during dinner and he jsut loved me through it!! I totally understand and I'm glad I have friends to love me when I need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Belva. It is so true, yet so difficult to really stop and think about the good things when you are so overwhelmed with just feeling 'bad'. It is easier with kids though, I find it very hard to be sad when I look up and see the 4 tooth grin on my son's face, or hear his silly giggle. Children really are what makes the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't babies such a blessing?!? It is all the little moments you share with your kids and husband that you will remember most when it is all said and done. Let's get together soon for a girls-night and we can talk over a good bloody mary. I always have a great time when we just sit and talk. I want to make sure we do that before we move. I am here for you if you ever need to vent or just want to talk about 'stuff.' I hope the rest of your week has been better! Talk to you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete