I like to cook, but want to keep it simple and quick too. We were really feeling in the mood for chili the other day, but I wanted something different than our normal chili. I looked up recipes for white chicken chili, but couldn't find one that had everything I wanted in it. It had to have green chili and hominy. Those two were things I thought needed to be in the recipe. Since I couldn't find anything, I did my own thing and luckily it turned out. Logan called it "mom's custom chili". Everyone like it and the leftovers were gone the next day. The leftovers were not much, so I always take that as a sign of a well liked meal :)
1 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon minced garlic
half medium-size onion chopped
one can white kidney beans
one can hominy
one can green chili
one can green chile enchilada sauce one can diced tomatoes
McCormick chili white chicken seasoning mix
Brown ground chicken and drain. Add in garlic and onions and cool for 3 minutes to soften onions. Add in the remaining ingredients and let cook on low for 20 minutes. Serve with chips.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It seems you are trying to mix white chili and posole. I've never seen a white chili recipe calling for hominy and green chili. Sounds good though.
ReplyDelete