Monday, April 13, 2009

Epcot - Day 2


Epcot is where I figured my Mom would love it the most. They were having their garden festival, so lots of beautiful landscaping. The fun part was how they made characters out of the plants.









Now not only was there lots beautiful things to look at, but we also had to go on the favorite rides there. It is the best to take someone on rides they've never ridden before. Test track was the first stop. Mom just has the best facial expressions on this ride, but she does it all with a smile :)Aurora and Logan love this ride, but Aurora is the one who plays it up as she goes through the various parts of the ride.After going on Test Track twice, we headed over to Soarin. Soarin is a great ride where you get a bird's eye view of what it's like to hang glide over parts of California. I think this is one of the best rides, because you feel like your flying, you can smell different smells (I love the orange and the pine) and it is very relaxing.

As we are passing through to the countries, we pass by the character stop. We decide to stop there (Aurora was pulling us that direction) to take pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. We also got to see Mary Poppins, but while trying to convince Aurora to take her picture with Mary Poppins too, I took a picture of Logan and off she went before the rest of the family could get a picture with her :(




We wandered around to the different countries. We grabbed some food in Germany, looked at tea cups in the UK (and meet with Winnie and Friends) and Dad stopped in Norway to say "hi" (I'd write it in Norwegian, but truly I wouldn't know how to spell it).

My favorite part of Epcot was the butterfly garden and the new play area, Pixie Hollow. I love butterflies and fairies, so I was in heaven here. Side note - My mom used to tell me stories about fairies when we would go to bed at night. My favorite was one where the fairies were in a tapestry and would come out at night. That is the only part I remember because I would fall asleep. I do wish I knew what happened at the end. Great book idea if you ask me! We spent a while looking at the butterflies and playing in Pixie hollow.





I think I could have stayed there longer if I had a book, chair, and a bottle of water :)

After taking a trip through Spaceship Earth (another of Mom's favorites - lots of history), we thought we would head back to the resort have the kids take a nap and then go to Downtown Disney for dinner. While the kids were napping, James and I went to the pool. I really didn't feel like swimming, so instead I just listened to my Ipod and enjoyed the sun. It was only after we were getting ready to head back to our room, that I realized forty minutes had passed, so apparently I napped too :)

Downtown Disney led us to enjoy Lego Land, get freaked out at the new T-Rex restaurant, have dinner, and of course do a little shopping. We probably did more looking than shopping.







3 comments:

  1. Disney is such a magical place! It looks like you were able to make some wonderful memories with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom should so buy that dress! Glad you guys ALL got to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it you guys are in WDW and not wearing any Disney shirts? I guess you guys will have to hire me as a Disney coordinator next time you go to ensure you are properly dressed:)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete