Friday, December 05, 2008

Thanksgiving and some


Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I did want to say that we had a good one. We were lucky enough to have James' Mom and Grandma drive down from Colorado to join us. The kids were very excited to see their Grandmas and tell them all their exciting news. Thanksgiving Day we had lots of good food. I enjoyed cooking the majority of it. I find that cooking is relaxing, plus I have been know to slightly alter recipes to make them the way I like it. That doesn't make it easy to hand it off to someone else. I did enlist help to do the relish tray, green bean casserole, and peel potatoes :) Dinner was yummy and followed later by pies. I made pumpkin, lemon meringue, and pecan. FYI: Splenda is not for cooking. I used that for the pecan pie and it was not a pretty sight. I also remade the lemon meringue because I didn't have cream of tarter for the first one and it just didn't taste as I thought it should. So out of five pies that I baked, we ate three:)
Black Friday, James and I headed out to do shopping. We left at eight and went to the outlet stores. We found lots of great bargains and were glad we had gotten there when we did. When we left, it was a parking frenzy as people were chasing down spaces. We also went to Destin Commons to look in the stores there and after picking up the rest of the group and heading out to dinner we ended the night at TJ Max. All the shopping is done! Now I just have to wrap and ship :) This weekend hopefully.
Saturday, we girls that are older than four :), went to help Grandma spent a gift certificate. We found the perfect sweater (what she was looking for) within five minutes. We bought it and got the 50% off before 1 deal a couple minutes before 1. I should've moved faster, so we could done more shopping at the 50% price :) We did do more browsing and found more great deals of things that we were looking for. It was very nice to have a girls day of shopping.
On Monday, we enlisted the Grandma's help again, so that James could go with me to Tallahassee to pick up my cap and gown. It's kind of a long drive just for a cap and gown, but it was nice to see more of the campus and see it when it's in session. We ate at Chili's and the waiter asked how we were doing back at school after the break. Do we really fit in with all the other college kids? :)
Tuesday brought us back to reality with work. The Grandmas headed out to visit more family in Florida before coming back this way next week. Logan and Aurora were not ready to say good-bye so it's good that they are coming back.



5 comments:

  1. Fun times! It's nice to have Grandma help, huh? We're excited to "use" them once they are back our way! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time with family! Food looks yummy! My mom said the same thing about Splenda. She had to learn the hard way too! Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you all got to spend Thanksgiving with family, the best way. Great job with shopping, we are done also! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful holiday with some great food! Congrats on the shopping! We're pretty much done too, feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving with your family! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my fam next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete