Monday, September 15, 2008
Oww, Owww, Owwww!!!
I went in for my second root canal this year (hopefully this is the last!!) after being best friends with Tylenol for the past few months. I knew it was coming since having the first one done in February, but I was trying to hold off as long as possible. I made the appointment and told them which tooth it was (at least the one I suspected). I went in today and they did their evaluations, just to be sure I was correct on the tooth. They thumped first and I said the last thump didn't feel so good. Then time for the cold cotton ball test. He did a couple teeth. I felt it a little on the second and then he said we were going to do it one more time. He put it in on my tooth and my feet came uncrossed, my hand hit the arm rest several times, as I say "Owww, Owww, Owww!" There was no doubt that was the tooth!! Things went well after that. I am super glad to get it done. After cleaning out the canals, they used a filler and put it in with heat (reminds me of a hot glue gun) and all I could think was "it smells like Christmas". After it was all done, I had to ask. The filler stuff (like rubber that you find in golf balls to get in all the nooks and crannies of the tooth canal) had the scent of cloves. The assistant said I did great and they all said that it was good to see me again. I said "You guys are fabulous, but I hope I do not see you again" (at least not under the same circumstances!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad that it's over but sorry it happened! Take care!
ReplyDeleteOuch!!! I hate the dentist! You are so brave!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. I've had three. Each of them was after having a baby. Since I'm done with kids hopefully I'm done with root canals:)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this! Ouch!! Hopefully you are done with root canals! :-0
ReplyDeleteI HATE ROOT CANALS! Doesn't sound like yours were too bad...maybe I had a bad dentist...it was my first time using him, AND my last! lol
ReplyDelete