Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Four Day Weekend - now with pics :)






We enjoyed our much needed four day weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July. It was pretty laid back for the most part with only one ER visit. Ok, now that I have your attention...it didn't need to be an ER visit, that just was the only Dr. that was avaliable and it was more a waste of time than anything. James went in after having an itch on his face, tingle at a touch, and his eye was bothering him ( a little puffy). I had him take some Benadryl to see if that would help and calm down the itch. We went through the list of what could have irritated him and could think of nothing that had changed which could have caused a reaction. After much thought and deliberation, we took him to the ER to get things checked out. Once he checked in they said it would be about an hour before he saw a Dr. I took the kiddos home to get some dinner and wait for the call to pick up James. Two and a half hours later (thank goodness we didn't wait with him), I get the call to pick him up. James started walking home needless to say a little frustrated. Once he finally got called back and the Dr. saw him, the Dr. put on gloves and took them off without even touching James's face for the exam. He just asked a couple questions and then told James he could take Benadryl. He said he could prescribe it, but when James discovered it's the same as the OTC stuff told him not to bother and headed home. James is doing better now and only had to take Benadryl on Saturday. Who knows what was up.

After the time at the Dr., we watched the fireworks from the backyard. Some neighbors were doing some on base (they weren't supposed too!), and also watched the fireworks across the bay. Logan and I walked down to sit on the beach while Aurora and James stayed in the screened porch to avoid mosquitos. Logan and I had an awesome view of four different fireworks displays. It wasn't huge above us, but it was fun to see the variety all going on at the same time at different places.

Saturday gave us the chance to give the kid's room a much needed makeover. They have all their toys, but were unable to use some of them becuase they were crowed or stuck in the closet making them inaccessible. We separated the bunks ( just wheeled Aurora's bed out), moved them to different spots, moved the train table where Aurora's bed was, moved the dresser, got rid of some baby toys, took out clothes they don't where (winter or they are too small), etc. The highlight for Logan was getting the new TV stand up and the Playstation 2 put in the room. We have all had a good time playing the racing games.  We had some Chicago Dogs off the grill using Consumer Reports best hot dogs Nathan's.  We also happened to see the hot dog eating contest on ESPN that morning sponsored by...you guessed it...Nathan's Hot Dogs.

Monday we cleaned house some more, went to the beach for a while, bar-b-qued ribs and then I went to play Bunko. Always a good time.

Now we are back to the regular week. Busy day for me here with six kiddos!! I only felt stressed when my baby (3 months) was fussing and we were trying to get an activity done before getting ready for lunch. Of course, I recieved a phone call at that time and contemplated "to answer or not to answer". I answered and luckily the kids were quieter for the minute I was on the phone. That is usually not the case.





6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get some cleaning done! I was able to reorganize Mikayla's room too and it is always much needed as it takes me weeks of wanting to before I actually get to it! Sorry James had a usless trip to the ER. That has to be beyond frustrating! At least you were able to take the kids home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James had a strange itch and WHERE?? Just joking!!

    It's always nice to have a restful and productive weekend! I always feel much better after I clean out the kids room! Jenna's room is in the process of a makeover, it's taking awhile!!

    We should chat soon! Call me sometime when the kids are being quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrible about the ER trip, what a waste! Glad he got to feeling better though!
    What a productive weekend though, you rock! Got things done and still had time for fun, what a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pics of the kiddos room! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pics, their room looks great! I cannot believe how old Aurora looks, incredible! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the wasted trip to the ER!! Sounds like the rest of the weekend was better- Nathan's hot dogs...mmm...LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete