Monday, October 29, 2007

What's going on

Hmmm....where to start. It has been a while since a last posted and so much happens. I just don't have to the time to sit and write it down. I think about it all the time. Lots of blogs in my head, unfortunately I'm the only one that can see them :) We'll start back toward the beginning of the month with the kids new beds...


Bunk Beds

Logan had told me that he was too big for his bed and that was why he was sleeping in my bed. Every once in a while is fine, but it was turning into every night. Don't get me wrong, I love to cuddle. I just was forseeing the future and was not wanting to figure out how to kick him out of my bed. James and I had been discussing bunk beds since we moved here, but we wanted to wait till the kids were just a little older for safety reasons. But since Logan has grown out of his bed, it was time to find the beds for the kids. We ended up going to Pensacola and found the beds we wanted for the kids. It has a student desk, drawers, and shelves in it. It will definately grown with the kids which is what we wanted. The bunk beds arrived, were set up, and look great in their room. Both the kids picked out their own bedding. Logan chose a bright green football field with football players and Aurora picked out pretty princess bedding. They both slept in it the first night. Aurora is in the bottom bunk. She does go up on top, but quite often gets "stuck" and "scared". She wasn't going to be on top anyway, but that sealed the deal. Aurora actually stills sleeps in her toddler bed. I hadn't taken that down yet, and she still feels more comfortable there. It's okay with me too, I don't think I was ready for her to move into yet either...That would mean she's getting to be a big girl. Which she's not. Just ask her. She's a "little girl" not a "big girl". "Mommy you're a big girl". I even slept in the bunk beds one weekend. It was fun. Logan came and crawled in bed with me and Jedi slept in the room with us too. He didn't want to miss out on the slumber party.
Here's Aurora being a monkey on the bunkbeds. I took a picture and then told her not to do that anymore :) One of our rules on the bunk bed (at the moment) is they are only for sleeping-no playing.





More Soccer
Logan continues to do well with soccer. He really has improved since the first game and it's great to see. He has had some great plays and it is so much fun to watch him run down the field and go after the ball. He has two more games before we are done.




Dancing princess


Ok, so she may be not be very enthusiastic so much in class, but after class she's great. At home, she tells me all the moves, and she taps up a storm in the bathroom. Aurora obviously is learning she is just holding back in class. I want to keep her in it though. I think it would be worse if I pull her out. She's going to be the cute little girl at the recital that just stands there. Maybe things will change as time goes on, but that's what it looks like now :)

Book Worm

I'm over the midterm hump. Thank goodness. This semester is hard, I think more so because of everything else that is going on, not necessarily the classes themselves. Now I'm not saying they are easy, by no means. I have never read this much stuff in my life. Hopefully, I can retain it all. I'm doing pretty good. Some things better than others. I think the hardest part for me is the discussion boards I have to do. I'm not the best speaker anyway at trying to get my thoughts across, so I am definately one that waits till the last minute to get that done. I think about it the whole week and analyze my thoughts in my head. It still doesn't seem to make all that great of sense when it's written out. I am so looking forward to Dec. 9 when this semester is over. It'll be nice to have a break before the next one begins :)

Open House

Logan had his open house for school and that was fun to see his class and have him show us around. We were there on time. Early even, woo hoo! As we were walking in the doors, Logan kept holding me back. I asked what he was waiting for and he said "her". He waited for a little girl in a black and white stripe shirt to catch up with us. When she did, he took her hand and they held hands all the way to the classroom. Her name is Kaitlyn. I thought it was too sweet, but couldn't get a picture of it, since both of my hands were being held. His teacher is really nice and was very helpful with any questions that I asked. He is doing pretty good in school, so that makes me happy.

Bowling night

We had a bowling night this past Friday and while I felt horrible and was so tired from a long week, I had promised Logan earlier in the week that we would. I had forgotten, but he had not :) We went and played two games, but Aurora only bowled half a one. I wasn't sure if she would bowl at all, but she said she wanted too. As we started, Logan bowled the first frame and I started to bowl mine. Logan said he needed to go to the bathroom. As I was telling him directions, Aurora bowled the second time in my turn. I got a gutter ball on that one:) She took her turn and was so excited to see the pins go down. She jumped up and down with her hands in the air. Do I have a picture? No, because I took the darn thing out of my purse. It was too cute. She bowled six frames and was done. Logan and I then took turns using her turn. It was a lot of fun. Logan has really improved since the last time we went bowling. We plan on going again soon. I have the score sheet around here somewhere (if anyone wants to come clean my house-you're more than welcome to-you might find it before I do) I remember my score for the second game was 104 vs. Logan at 74. It was my goal to beat him since he was up by three in the second frame. Isn't that sad, trying to beat a five year old? Great thing is I won and he gave me five for a good game :)


Alright, that's all for now. This was a long one and could have been broken up, but I figured if I was going to get it done, I needed to do it all in one fell swoop. Hopefully it won't take as long to blog about Halloween :)

6 comments:

  1. Great to hear about everything. I love the bedding on the bunk beds! Your kiddos have good taste. Hang in there! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been super busy! I understand finding the time to blog!! It's hard sometimes!

    The bunk beds look fun!! You can't have bunk beds and not do super cool tricks on them!!

    Hang in there! Call me if you need to chat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to catch up on all that you have been up to!! Keeping busy is the key!!
    The bunk beds look great! My Girls LOVE their bunk beds! (now that we have actually put them together! :-o They were separated into 2 twin beds since last summer when we got them!) Bunk beds are SO much fun! ;-)
    Props to you for not only going back to school but doing so well! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those bunkbeds. It must be a Harmon thing. The boys got bunkbeds when James was 5 and Mike 2. I still have those bunks. They will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't just post a bunch of blogs all at one time and think that makes it up..only crazy people do that...hehe...but don't you feel a sense of accomplishment? Good to finally see the room I've heard so much about...hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what you mean about finding time to blog...and it's hard to find time to read everyone else's too!
    LOVE the bunk beds and bedding choices! So fun to hear about the soccer and dance still keeping the kids busy and happy!

    ReplyDelete