ollege teams (there's a couple others that I watch too.) This last Saturday, we we quite happy with wins for all of our college teams. The Aggies (my NMSU Agg
ies) beat UTEP 29-24 (we are 2-1...Yeah!!), OU whooped up on Utah State (sorry Cathleen, but Ball State beat Navy 34-31) 54-3, and Florida State beat Colorado 16-6. We stayed up late for this one. The kids and I had a slumber party in the living room to watch the game. Dumb idea...only because James called that night and they were being loud so I couldn't hear. I had to lay the smack down to get them to be quiet so I could chat for a bit. (James is also enjoying all the college games going on when he has the opportunity)
In NFL news, not quite such a good report. Our poor Raiders have great...GREAT third quarters, but we can't seem to make it last. The Raiders got beat in overtime 23-20 in Milehigh by those darn Broncos. So close...I so wish we could have won that one! (James is not quite so happy about the Raiders game...good thing he didn't get to see this one)
Now on to Fantasy football. I have been unlucky enough to play the people that outscore me. If I had played Mike or James this week or last I would have beat them both times. In other words, I'm putting up a good fight...they are just a little better. Maybe next week.



Be careful how you address the Broncos. I thought they played a very good game. It was close all the way to the end. I have to agree the last minute timeout called by Denver was the factor that changed the course of events. Needless to say, Mike was not happy either. Sorry boys. The orange crush continues.
ReplyDeleteYEA for the AGGIES!! I too cheer for them as I am an alumni. I hope they have a great year. The Raiders should have had that field goal. What is this thing they can do to call a time out while the kicker is kicking???? Grandma Short is a happy camper. That's ok Grandma Short, we will win the next time they play.
ReplyDeleteI am loving football this year!! Maybe because we didn't really enjoy or even get to watch much in AK!! Glad your teams did well!
ReplyDelete