Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Road Trip!!





We went on a last minute road trip to see James in South Carolina where he was doing some training. It all came to me at 9:30 at night when I was talking to him and he mentioned some other wives were there. I looked on mapquest and with it only be nine hours away...I was so going. I called back up providers, the parents, and a neighbor to watch Jedi (all before 10), so we could be on our way. I packed up, was in bed by 12, out the door by 5:15 and after getting gas, on the road at 5:30. It took us about 10 hours with stops that we made. The kids traveled great and were very excited to see daddy! We stayed at the Embassey Suites that night (courtesy of James's travel points from all his TDY's). We did a little swimming, eating, and just enjoying each other's company. The next morning we met some of the people he has gone through training with and their families. We left that evening to head to Atlanta (that took four hours to get there instead of two and a half because of an accident in a construction zone and lots of rain). We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (once again courtesy of James's travel points) and then headed the rest of the way back. It was a great trip, even though it was so quick. Well worth the gas money :)

5 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that you guys got to go up there. I'm sure James thought so too :)
    On a totally different note--did you get your hair cut? A lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that you were able to go see him!! I know the kids loved it! (and you too!) That is awesome you go it all planned and rolling so fast! Your hair looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That inspires me to get in the car and drive to see my mom in GA that is 9 hours away!! We'll see! I LOVE your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to take a second look at my hair. I did get it cut/layered, so it is shorter in the front, but still has the length. The funny thing is that is was so humid, my hair was not my best feature that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you did that! I am sooo NOT spontaneous like that, but I wish I were! So fun, I'm sure your hubby was so surprised and happy!

    ReplyDelete