Okay, so a month has flown by without my being here. One reason being I can't sign onto to blogger using the desktop. Why? I don't know. I guess one of these days I need to figure it out, so when the laptop is unavailable to me (James has it somewhere) I will still be able to blog.
Much has happened during the month of June, so if you have the time, you can read what we have been up to.


During the first part of the month, my honey do list had one thing checked off. After much talking about it and prepping for it, we sodded our front yard and planted a butterfly garden. It was a hard work, but very worth it. I love being able to walk in the front yard with bare feet

and sit in the shade of the tree. It was important that we got it done in a quick manner because James went off on a TDY for three weeks and that was not something I was willing to tackle on my own.


My mom came in to spend the week with us and it was fun. We celebrated her 39th birthday (again) on June 13 with cake. The kids had a great time and it was nice to have my mom finally get to Florida while we live here. The last time they were here was in 1979? I think. They planned on coming

while we lived at Tyndall, but we moved in April 2000 to Korea before they could come that summer. (Alright total tangent there).


During the week mom was here, Logan had sugery on his eye. That was fun :) He was very polite as he told the doctors "Thank you for the offer, but I don't want eye surgery". We went ahead with it anyway :) He was super cranky in recovery (crying very loudly) and when the nurse came to get me she kept

trying to prepare me

for his reaction. If he was quiet, I would have been worried, crying was what I expected. She kept looking at me, like she expected some kind of "oh no" reaction out of me, but I was very prepared for him. Luckily, it didn't last longer than the next day. We had several follow up appointments and still one more to go in August. He is doing well and the doctor is really pleased with how everything went.


Logan turned Five...can you believe it five! on June 19 (he was his Uncle Mike and Aunt Jesse's Anniversery present that year). I am such a bum and hadn't planned anything, but decieded last minute to invite just a couple of friends over. Logan had a great time and got plenty of gifts (Thanks to everyone!)

I was glad I only had a couple of kids over. After working all day and it raining on us, I was glad when they went home:)
James celebrated his birthday on June 22. He had a good time with the folks he was with. They went to Applebee's for lunch and had them sing "happy birthday". That night they went to Outback and they sang "happy birthday" again. We sang "happy birthday" over the phone and ate some of Logan's left over birthday cake to celebrate.
The end of June arrived and James came home. It's always nice to have him home.
I have to add a couple of things that occured in May. I received my accreditation finally!! Yeah!! Not only that, but I was also chosen as the Provider of the Quarter. I finished my first two Master's classes with a B+ and an A (There goes my 4.0....Can you believe James did better on his Master's...bummer) and started my next two. As you can see, work is going well and I am keeping busy.
I agree, Where did June go??? You stayed very busy!! Your yard looks great! I love the flag! Is that just bricks? Glad to hear all is well with yall!!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the yard!! We did that last fall, I know how much work it is!!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Logan! I am glad his surgery went well, hopefully his recovery is going smoothly.
Wow, so much going on! Congrats on the accreditation and the Master's classes! Poor Logan, I'm glad the surgery went okay. Happy birthdays all month long, my goodness! The yard looks great, I can only imagine how much you love it! Can you believe how fast the summer is flying by!? That was June...now July is almost over...what in the world?!?!
ReplyDelete