
Today we took a hop, skip, and a jump and headed down to the beach for a walk. This was not a planned swim trip, so no one was wearing swim suits, just shorts and t-shirts with our water shoes. I brought one towel to share for all of us. I knew Logan would be getting in the water, so it was mostly for him. The thing I absolutely love is that you can walk a long way before it gets deep. It is so neat because it hits me about my knees, so on Logan that's about his chest. It gives a great sense of comfort because I could read a book or just chat with someone while the kids are playing in the sand or the water. The water has got to be about 80 degrees. It's incredibly warm. Almost like taking a bath :) We played in the water for a while ( I knew we would be getting wet, even though I say we didn't plan for it). Aurora is not a fan of the water, so I held her while Logan jumped up and over the waves. A bit after that we headed down the beach to pick up some more pieces of the fence that someone gave to us. Just in case I have failed to mention it, we have to build a fence. We have turned in all the paperwork, so now it's just a matter of getting it done. I, personally, am not looking forward to it. Everyone dragged a pole or two (we all made quite a sight) back to the house. Back at the house, it's time for showers and dinner. A cold shower! It feels so good! Who would've thought:)



Sounds fun, I bet Logan was in heaven. When you are doing the fence? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWish I could even think about taking a cold shower!! It hasn't even reached 70deg yet (at least not that I'm aware). Summer has been cold, damp and dreary. Is it really summer?? So, glad to hear about how you get to walk on the beach. Can I live vicariously through you?? Thanks for keeping us posted!!
ReplyDeleteAMEN to that Michele!! Summer? Where?? Thanks for the update Belva!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I miss Florida beaches!!! The beaches here are very nice also, but I miss Florida!!!
ReplyDelete