Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Home is where you hang your hat

Three weeks ago we headed out to start a new chapter in our lives and here we are. It's been quite busy moving and getting our house together. Luckily it has gone smoothly and everything has fallen into place. We found our home on the 3rd of July and accepted keys on the 10th. Our stuff arrived on the 14th and it has been a whirlwind of activity with unloading boxes and arranging rooms.
The kids are doing great with the move. Logan is doing great and enjoys the beach. He continues to talk about thing from back "home", but already knows our new address and is helpful in giving directions on how to get to the important places (like the playground). Aurora is not quite the beach baby that Logan is, but she has the best time in sand. She is showing off new skills in her talking as she amazes us everyday with better sentences and pronuciation. (Yeah! We can understand more of what she is saying!)
I am slowly getting to know my way around. It always seems to take forever for me to learn new areas. Maps are my best friend...along with OnStar!
James has had time off to help get the house together, but is now back at work. He's looking forward to something different that is outside of his comfort zone. I am extremely proud of him for the wonderful job he did previously. It's great to hear his bosses tell me how he was able to "turn things around" and did a "fantastic job". I'm not sure if he had realized that he had made a difference until it was time for his going away.
We are already meeting neighbors (and had to borrow things). I am excited about all the kids who live by us. It will be great for Logan and Aurora to be able to have someone to play with right next door!
The thing I love the most is the sceneary. I fell in love with the ocean with my first visit (that I can remember) in 1991 (I think) during a trip to San Diego with my family. It is absolutely beautiful to look out each morning and see the water. I hope I never take it for granted!

5 comments:

  1. Hope the unpacking is all but done! Glad to have you so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Show us more pics. Glad you got there safe and are enjoying it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach too!!! It is so good to hear that you are there and having fun. That is an awesome view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view!! I'll trade ya!! Can't wait to see more pics! I'm glad you are getting familiar with your new home!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you have to remind me where you are now??? Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete