Friday, March 24, 2006

TGIF...

Yeah...it's Friday!! It's been a long week it seems like. Nothing extraordinary has happened, but it has just taken forever for the weekend to get here. I actually have had a fairly easy week. One of my kids was sick, so he wasn't here for a couple of days. the others were at school, so aurora and I got to hang out and watch TV, color with markers (her favorite~not mine), and just enjoy each others' company. I only have one kid today and she'll be outta here by three, so that will be nice. I would love to just sit and read a book (kids are sleeping now~as soon as I'm done with this I'm reading). We enjoyed the snow yesterday~Logan made a snow angel after getting off the bus. Today it's sunny again and the temps are climbing. It's supposed to be a nice weekend.

James and I are hoping to get some deep cleaning done this weekend on the house. For those who don't know we are supposed to be heading down to Hurlburt Field, Florida. We still don't have a date of when we need to be there. We figure we might as well get as ready as we can. I can tell you that this not knowing has really made my stress level much higher than normal. That's directly connected to why this week has been so long. Just having a little bit more information will give me a little bit more peace of mind. I have things going on this summer and I have no idea of where I'll be!

Thanks K and J for chatting with me on the phone. That helps to get the stress level down when you have someone to listen to you. I hope you all enjoy your weekend! I am going to make the best of mine:)

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about not knowing. Sometimes I'd rather have bad news than no news! Soon enough though. The mil loves to play the hurry up and wait game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you guys do it, handle the not knowing. I can't stand not knowing where Mel's going next, can't imagine being the one doing the 'going'! You are amazing women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad my stress level is lowering by the day!!! I know it's hard getting ready and packing and realtor and blah, blah blah!!! That's the only downfall with the military but then again they provide us the experience of seeing places we wouldn't normally see!!! I just wish it was a wee bit easier!!! Call me anytime I'm always here to listen and help with the stress!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you hear something soon! :-) It is hard to plan when you don't know for sure when or where you are headed. It will all work out in the end! And like Karen said, the ability to live in so many cool places makes all the 'hurry up and wait' worth it! Let's meet at the park one day soon so the kids can enjoy this beautiful weather! :-)

    ReplyDelete