
Playing a little catch up here...but I wanted to share a little about my trip to Vegas. I headed out on Friday, Jan. 27, after my wonderful mom and sister came in on Thurs. to watch the kids. The kids were ready to have fun without me...so I made the best of it to have some fun with just the hubby. Flight went smooth and James was able to pick me up no problem. We went to eat at Nine Fine Irishmen and then wander around a few places on the strip before heading to TAO at the Venitien. Very neat place. I loved dancing. It did get crowded after a while, so if you had any moves to show--NO ONE could tell. We then headed over too the Ghostbar at the Palms which is an ultralounge. No real dance floor, just people hanging out. It was on the 55th floor, so the view was neat, but it was cold. On Saturday, we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen, did some window shopping, then headed off to the Stratosphere to do those rides. Not for anyone afraid of heights. I did fine outside and on the rides, but felt a tad dizzy in the observation deck. When James took my pic in the deck, I had to back up :) Both James and I enjoyed all the rides (Big Shot, Xscream, and Insanity), but the Big Shot was our favorite. We then headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at the 9 at the Palms. We met up with Mike for this meal. It was very good...I enjoyed the halibut, while James and Mike had their steaks. After that we headed off to Le Femme. It was neat to see the choregraphy, dancing, singing (lip syncing), and realize they had to be able to change very quick. On Sunday, we headed to Caesars and ate Cheesecake Factory in the Forum shops. We also did some shopping (I bought a pair of sunglasses at the Playboy store) and cotemplated buying some La Perla lingerie...alas we could not find what we were looking for:) We went down to the old strip where we saw the famous cowboy. I try my hand at the $3 blackjack table. Not my thing. I felt extremely uncomfortable, and handed the reigns over to James after I was down $6. I did play for about 15 minutes though. I was much more successful at the penny slot (I won $2.62). Before heading back to the hotel to the hotel to change for dinner and our show for the night, we went on the roller coaster at New York New York--what fun! I loved every minute of it. We bought that picture! We went to the Eiffle tower resteraunt. We had the best seat in the house, right at the corner window looking out over the strip and being able to see the water show at the Bellagio. We could see a little bit of Rome, Paris, and New York all at the same time :) Dinner was fabulous. It was funny to start off because our appetizers were extremely small (we took pictures), but it improved with every course (I believe there were 6 courses total). It was worth every penny! After dinner we had to hightail it over to New York New York to see Cirque de Soliel's Zumanity. Awesome!! I loved it and was not ready for it to end. Unfortunately, our time had come to end not only the night, but the weekend. James was back to work on Monday and I flew home to the kids. The kids had a great time with Grandma and Aunt Cathleen. Logan was excited to see me, but Aurora was a bit put out with me. She didn't smile at me when she woke up, instead headed over to Aunt Cathleen to crawl up on her lap and read a book. She warmed up soon enough though. Everyone had a wonderful time, and that's what counts. Maybe we'll head back to Vegas in a few years, renew our vows, and have another Honeymoon...Do mind if the kids come to visit Mom? :)



I knew you would have a blast! It is a fun town. I loved the NY NY roller coaster too; I wasn't brave enough to try the ones on the Stratosphere...yikes!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is my FAVORITE place. I love Vegas. I have a dream of one day becoming a dealer there (my boobs aren't big enough to be a cocktail waitress)!! Glad you had fun
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast ...we went on a vacation back in November and that was awesome to get away and just be a couple again!! Great for a marriage!! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete