Sunday, February 12, 2006

Game Night at the Hive

Friday night I took the kids to their second NBA game with our Hometown Hornets. (The first one was in Jan. against the Spurs...unfortunately we lost that one...we did beat the Spurs their first time to play the Hornets at home and what a game that was!!). Our opponent that evening was the New York Knicks. I love going to the games and watching the Hornets play. The environment of being in the Ford Center is great. There is nothing better than seeing a sporting event live. Both Logan and Aurora do really well. They enjoy the music that they play and love clapping to the music. Aurora is a little dancer, she loves to move to the music. Logan is great at clapping to the rhythmn and loves to yell "BEE-FENSE" and "GO HORNETS"!! with his momma. We took some pictures before the game started and Logan did great helping the Hornets get off to a good start by standing on his feet and clapping till we got our first basket. Half-time (we're down by 2) we take a little break and walk down the stairs, take a look at what's around, and then head back up the escalator for the 2nd half. We bought cotton candy. Aurora was not in the least interested and Logan only had four bites before he's had enough. Just as well....last thing I want is to be up longer with them on a sugar high:) I love the cotton candy, so it's good I didn't have to share it all:) As we start up the third quarter, the Hornets pull ahead and make some awesome baskets (and the crowd goes wild, Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!) Unfortunately for me, Logan and Aurora are getting tired. It's almost 9 (way past their bedtime). So we load up, get everyone attatched so no one gets lost, and are off to take the long walk to the car. We are headed out as Hugo and the Honeybees are coming to our section to past out t-shirts. Hugo gives Aurora a high five and shakes Logan's hand. Once we get to the car, I get everyone in their seats and turn on the game on the radio to listen as the Hornets go on a 15-1 run and end up beating the Knicks 111-100. Yeah!!

3 comments:

  1. Kiddos are sports are the best. During football, Luke yells "Get back in the PUDDLE" Too cute. He is enjoying the Olympics with his Momma, he wants to try the luge. That would be interesting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like yall had a great time!! I'm glad the kids did so well for you! Mine would never be that patient!! Congrats on the big win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think we would be able to hang out at the game, but kids amaze all the time at what they will put up with...I think Logan was being so patient cuase he knew we would walk the stairs...one of his favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete